Moving to a new home in a different state can be a monumental, stressful task. There are so many details to consider, from various forms of paperwork to the big concerns, like transportation and moving services.
If you’re scheduling an out-of-state move in the near future, here are the five biggest things that will help the relocation go smoothly.
1. Plan, plan, plan. When it comes to scheduling a big move like this, you can never think too far ahead. Craft a master plan of what you want the move to look like, when it will happen, and how much it will cost. Start marking big dates on your calendar, and book all of your services as far in advance as possible.
2. Don’t move what doesn’t need to be moved. You know those sneakers you’ve had since college or that box of “knick-knacks” that never gets opened? There’s no reason to pack stuff like that. Leave these unnecessary things at donation centers, at resale shops, at online selling services, and so on.
3. Set aside your emergency supplies. Let’s be honest: things are probably going to get a little chaotic at one point or another during your move. That’s why you should have each family member pack an emergency bag with one clean outfit, chargers, important papers, bathroom supplies, and other essentials. That way, no one will be left high and dry if the moving truck is late, or if your flight is delayed.
4. Get things set up at the new house before you arrive. When you show up to unpack at your new home in a new state, you want to know that the AC is already working and that the water is turned on. Take care of those details before you ever leave your original home state.
5. Don’t hire just any moving company. Not all moving services feature the same prices, ethics, and concerned staff. It’s vital that you find a company you can trust with your belongings and jam-packed schedule. Compare several services before deciding on the one that’s best for your needs.
In need of a reliable, well-trained moving service in the DFW area? Contact Green Van Lines today. Their moving services are perfect for big jobs like out-of-state relocations. With Green Van Lines, you know that your belongings will be treated with care at an affordable price. Schedule your next long-distance move today by calling 888-770-4733.