Hiring a long-distance mover isn’t exactly the same as paying your local commercial movers to handle a hop across town. Long-distance relocations are often more stressful and complicated, so you need to know that you’re hiring a company that’s equipped for the job.
When looking for a long-distance moving company, here’s what you need to pay attention to.
- Do they have proper insurance? When your belongings are being transported across great distances, the chances that something will go wrong increase. Therefore, you’ll want to know beyond a doubt that your moving company is properly insured against both theft and damage.
- Have they conducted many long-distance moves before? Just because a moving company has plenty of reviews doesn’t mean they’re equipped to handle your long-distance relocation. Ask about their experience with moves across states to make sure that they really know their stuff.
- How does their rate factor into your budget? Obviously, you have probably planned to spend a certain amount on movers. You’ll need to ask about all the potential fees and additional costs, so that you’ll be certain you can afford the company’s services.
- Do they require that you pay in cash? If the movers ask for a large cash deposit prior to the move, recognize it for the red flag that it is. Legitimate movers won’t ask this, so it’s a sign that you’re being roped into a scam.
- Can they give you a written estimate and proper documentation? Movers that only give estimates over the phone and can’t offer you proper documentation are a no-go. Go with a company that presents everything on paper in a professional manner.
In search of a reliable long-distance moving company in the DFW area? Contact Green Van Lines. Their trained representatives will do everything possible to ensure that your relocation goes smoothly, no matter how near or far it may be. Give them a call today at 214-269-7611.