Like so many other companies, Green Van Lines values the health and safety of the team, and our consumers who have plans to move in the near future.
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, and while the totality of its impact remains unknown, we want to assure you of the care being extended across Green Van Lines to mitigate risk for our employees, clients, customers, and service partners.
Moving Tips in the midst of Coronavirus
The safety of all those with whom our Green Van Lines family engages remains our top priority, as we work to build trust and reduce stress through our daily interactions with you. Green Van Lines is actively monitoring information, about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are committed to putting necessary precautions in place.
The World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are constantly updating their guidance, and we recommend checking their sites and/or following them on social media, to receive the latest news and updates. Green Van Lines will continue to monitor this quickly evolving situation, and provide updates when practical.
Especially these days when Moving company scams are reportedly on the rise, it is important for you to choose a moving company that has more than 10 years of good reputation like Green Van Lines- a company that can trust.
As we diligently monitor and follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and World Health Organization guidance, as well as the local health departments within each of our markets, we will hold frequent leadership discussions to equip all our team members, with the most up-to-date course(s) of action.
We are prepared to further activate our business continuity plan, by leveraging the resources within our network across our U.S. footprint to stay ahead of the curve.
Moving soon? We had a strategy session combining decades of moving expertise and came up with this quick list of tips:
As you plan and prepare for your move, here are some steps you can take:
- To ensure everyone’s health and safety, if you or anyone within your household may have contracted Coronavirus, or are isolating due to exposure to the virus, call your moving company and explain the situation. In many cases, movers will work with you.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your move, all you need is to give us a call 888-770-4733 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your health and the health of your family is important. If you are in a vulnerable group, as described by the WHO as those: (over the age of 60, with a compromised immune system, or asthma, etc.) postpone your move until after the pandemic is over if at all possible.
- Provide our moving crew access to a sink, soap, and paper towels throughout your move. If this isn’t practical, and it is not readily available, provide hand sanitizer.
**(this might offend some people- I’d say we’ve equipped our men with the following supplies, if soap or hand sanitizer aren’t available, we will wear gloves whenever possible, etc.
- Purchase new moving boxes and tape; this isn’t the time to use recycled boxes from online sources and free sites or from stores.
- When moving long distances– you may want to fly in to meet your moving truck. Be sure that you book refundable plane tickets and select hotels that offer free cancellation. Ask about cancellation policies before you book, and remember to read the fine print.
While we’re practicing social distancing and/or working from home, spend time decluttering. Find online auction and sale sites to sell items that you’d rather not donate, so you only move what brings you joy.
Thank you for entrusting us to serve you! Now, more than ever, We are Stronger Smarter and Greener Together!
Chief Executive Officer