Are you preparing to move your office or commercial property? Here is your official, comprehensive commercial moving checklist!
6 Months Before your Move
- Nominate staff members to help you plan and execute your move!
- Find an interior designer if applicable
- Plan the design of phone and computer systems
- Start researching moving companies and estimates
3 to 4 Months Before your Move
- Meet with the move planning team that you appointed
- Finalize the computer and phone system plans
- Finalize design and office structure
2 Months Before your Move
- Schedule all utilities
- Address updates on stationary, business cards, etc.
- Schedule service for copiers and other equipment
- Select your moving company
- Make any necessary new purchases
1 Month Out
- Contact all suppliers regarding your move
- Contact customers regarding your move
- Call for service the day before on copiers, etc.
- Confirm all relevant details are covered by your move planning team
- Make a list of online mediums that need contact information updated
2 to 3 Weeks Out
- Finalize plans with current and new building managers
- Order keys, parking spaces, etc.
- Complete the walkthrough with your movers
- Confirm phone and computer installation plans
The Week Before your Move
- Packing training by your movers (If DIY Packing)
- Furniture and art labeling per your packing training
- Visit new office and confirm all plans OK
- Review the packing tips on Green Van Lines’ website
- Start packing (If applicable)
Contact Green Van Lines Today
For successful relocation of your household items, there’s only one option that makes the most sense – HIRE a professional mover! There really is no other way. If you want to ensure that your belongings stay safe and in proper condition, hiring a professional moving company is the best decision you could make.
Do you have questions about creating a commercial moving checklist? Contact Green Van Lines today for more info! We’re always happy to help.