A corporate move is a move in which the complete office has to be shifted from destination to another destination. Our movers at Green Van Lines take immense
care while moving some of the essential office items such as office tables and chairs, computers, electronic equipments and articles, wardrobes and many more. You can rest assured
that our well organized and efficient crew will make your corporate relocation a success all while never forgetting our
pledge to be environmentally friendly and promote green ways.
- From one business to another, we can appreciate the importance of finding the right mover when a company or office is relocating. From disconnecting computer-hardware to packing important company documents, everything MUST be done on a strict time table with no mistakes.
- Green Van Lines have planned and executed numerous large/complex commercial moves with major businesses across the country. Not to mention, we have helped hundreds of small businesses relocate. Whether your particular business requires detailed, large scale relocation with multiple phases or only two men and a truck, we can help.
- Our specially trained crews are certified and can move factory equipment within your existing facility or move the equipment to a new location.
- We can even assign a Project Manager to your relocation project to make your experience a smoother process. These managers can develop a detailed plan of services, a customized time frame to minimize work disruption, a detailed estimate of services and cost and will address your entire moving needs sot that there is nothing overlooked.
- Green Van Lines will provide packing service for an additional charge, contact us today for more information on this service. However, your relocation coordinator will provide you with free packing guidance upon request.
Building accessibility is of major importance. Our staff will work closely with you to make certain all entrances and exits to be utilized will be open.
Before we start the moving process, our team will insure that all building interiors, including corridors and stairwells, are free from obstructions and made accessible.
You will need to contact your city government to obtain any and all applicable permits prior to the move. Also, it is important to remain safety conscious during the packing and
unpacking process and not to block corridors, hallways or emergency exit routes with packed boxes.
Your office items and equipment is not the only thing to need protection, our team will properly protect all walls, corners, and floors to prevent any damage. We will utilize
door-jamb protectors, and rolled cardboard to protect each location pursuant to building guidelines. Do not pack any flammables or liquids in cartons. We advise that you find a
safe way to discard any flammables such as paint, lighter fluid, solvents, alcohols or ammunition, as you will not be able to transport these through Green Van Lines. The following
information, if followed properly, will help Green Van Lines expedite your service in a more organized fashion:
Preparation of Desks:
Remove any trash or â€œspill-ableâ€ items from desk area. Pack breakable items in a carton with padding.
Remove the contents of your each drawer and place into manila envelopes, then place them back into the drawers. Make sure to take any valuables with you during the move.
Files/Working Documents should be put into the master file and not loose in individual desks.
Items not able to fit into envelopes, put into cartons on top of your desk.
Disconnect all machines from outlets or power sources.
Protect all glass items with paper, newsprint, or other appropriate packing material. (Remember: Newspaper rubs off so be careful what you pack it with).
We advise that you create an â€œOpen Me Firstâ€ box. Pack it last — with things that you need until the last moment before the move, as well as with any other materials in the office
that you will need first thing in the morning after the move. Green Van Lines will assist you by placing the box in an easily accessible area within your workstation so you have it
Our cartons provided to our local customers are easily stackable to ensure a smooth and efficient flow of goods, as long as they are not over packed. Lids should be shut down smooth,
tight and with secure tape for an easy transit. By labeling the boxes appropriately, we can guarantee a faster paced delivery.
Filing Cabinets, Storage Units, Bookcases:
Lock filing cabinets before the relocation.KEEP FILE KEYS IN A SAFE PLACE.
Lateral filing cabinets should be empty except for the two lower drawers.
With vertical filing cabinets, you may keep the contents intact, unless a stair carry is involved.
Supply or storage cabinets must have all contents packed. If the storage unit contains small, loose items, they are more easily organized in envelopes or zip-lock bags.
Once packed, lock, tape, or tie the doors closed.
Bookcases should be emptied, and the books put into small boxes, do not pack in large boxes as this becomes heavy quite fast. Another good way to transport books is by using book carts,
if this is something available.
Systems, Machines, Modular Furniture
- Check with your relocation coordinator/model dealer a few weeks in advance in regarding the disassembly and reassembly requirements for your particular model.
- TIP: This relocation process is a great time for you to have your furniture professionally cleaned.
- Cleaning and servicing machines prior to the move is a great idea â€“ especially copy machines and postal machines. Be sure to check with the dealer to ensure that they allow moving companies to relocate their copiers without voiding the warranty.
- Green Van Lines will be sure to pack your office machines such as typewriters, adding machines, or computer terminals. So be sure to disconnect these items completely, and leave them on top of the desk. Our team will wrap all of these items with our special padding before transit.
Tagging and Marking Guidelines:
A detailed code assignments or floor plans designating floor, room, and piece number MUST be provided to Green Van Lines. Changes without notification could result in delays,
and we want your move to be expedited flawlessly.
Bend one corner of the label/sticker back to itself before placing on the item to be moved. This will ensure easy removal after the move is completed.
Each item to be transported must be tagged or clearly marked. Color coded tags can be made available.
Moving label should be easily understood and writing must be legible.
If furniture may need disassembly for moving, then be sure to tag each piece with the same tag color and information.
When placing the moving labels on items to be moved make sure to place them in clearly visible areas and do not place them directly on fabric.
When labeling, be sure to mark on the top and one end of the box or item to help our team expedite your move as efficiently as possible.
Tagging and Marking Guidelines:
Personal items of any kind are your responsibility to move.
Do not pack any flammables or liquids in cartons. We advise that you find a safe way to discard any flammables such as paint, lighter fluids, solvents, alcohols or ammunition,
as you will not be able to transport these through Green Van Lines.
Green Van Lines will take down any wall-hung items, so there is no need to pack them.